TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 24, 2009
Just for fun
The DNC could use the RNC's ideological purity test in anti-GOP ads - just rephrased. Something along the lines of "What they say" versus "What they really mean" comes to mind:1) We oppose economic relief for Main Street; we support huge bonuses for Wall Street;You can probably paraphrase better than I. Try it. It's fun!
2) We oppose Medicare and Medicaid; we support the profits of predatory health insurance companies;
3) We support global warming, the melting of the polar ice-caps, and the demise of the polar bear;
4) We oppose unionization and unions; we support big business's unfair labor practices;
5) We don't want any more Hispanics in our America;
6) We support never-ending, futile wars;
7) We support belligerence and saber-rattling; we disdain diplomacy;
8) We're anti-gay;
9) We're don't believe Supreme Court decisions are the law of the land; we support the health insurance industry's right to ration care;
10) We support unmitigated gang violence, the right of psychotics and felons to buy guns, and the drug cartels that have turned our inner cities into war zones.
Will the DNC take advantage of this golden opportunity?
I'm not holding my breath!
Wednesday, November 25, 2009
My pal Russ, who is going through a pretty rough patch right now, still found time for this eloquent rumination on applied semiotics: