I find such pleas as these--and they are as common as flies around carrion--to be confusing. We should "forget our differences and work together."
Work together for what? Here's a partial list of my principle(d) differences. Am I supposed to forget:
- adopting abortion on demand,
- strengthening gun control,
- passing/signing climate-change-prevention/amelioration legislation,
- providing Universal health CARE (not just fucking insurance),
- rolling back corporate personhood,
- breaking media monopolies,
- ending wars,
- re-instituting hand-counted paper ballots for elections,
- affirming alternative energy solutions,
- reducing/eliminting plastics consumption,
- rejecting GMO foods,
- healing the Gulf,
- getting out of NAFTA et seq,
Now, lemme get this straight: You want me to "temporarily" forget about these vital matters, matters whjich constitute the skeleton and sinew of my political involvement in the process at all, and set them aside to cooperate, presumably with folks to whom those positions are anathema. And this in order to return EXACTLY WHAT to our national dialogue? Civility? What?
It is precisely HOW those issues are driven and controlled by the Fucktards that pushed the "ship of state" so dangerously off course. It is impossible to "correct" that course WITHOUT attending to the outcome of those issue/debates.