Monday, October 31, 2011

WWH ~~ HN&S, Oct. 31, 2011: Mis-alliance



Some 'authorities' are recommending that OWS should find ways to make alliance with the Tea-hadists, and thereby join the two disparate streams of USer disaffection into one mighty torrent.

They'd lose me, straight away.

Why I'd never ally with the Tea-baggers? My dear ol' Dad, dandling me on his dear ol' knee, imparted this bit o' wisdom to little ol' me, back in the day. He said: "Laddie, ye canna negotiate with 'em 'at wants ye dead and done. Ye've got no leverage. Y'can offer 'em a part, in payment. Tell 'em: "Here's me left 'and. I ain't using it, much. Take that and leave me alone...But they won't. Won't leave ya alone, that is. Aye, they'll take the hand yer dumb enough to proffer. But they want you dead. This just makes it the easier, later. And they got time. Plenty of time.

"And yer left hand!"

Malcolm X said: "...So don’t you run around here trying to make friends with somebody who’s depriving you of your rights. They’re not your friends, no, they’re your enemies. Treat them like that and fight them, and you’ll get your freedom; and after you get your freedom, your enemy will respect you. And I say that with no hate. I don’t have hate in me.... I’ve got some sense.
"I’m not going to let anybody who hates me tell me to love him."

My biggest objection to the whole "Tea-bertardian" phenomenon is still that it has never, to my estimation, been anything BUT an astro-turf creation of Dick Armey, the Koch Brothers, and Fox News, cannibalizing on the still-reeking remains of the lumpen racism embedded in the GOPhux "southern strategy."

I want NOTHING to do with ANYONE who would voluntarily identify as a tea-hadist, or who wouldn't shun them, with me. I feel exactly the same way about the Ron Paul acolytes, the "Paul-lyps," as I think of 'em, feeding on the contents of the Ayn-Randian fanatic's political lower intestine. Ayn Rand, in any guise, brings to whatever discussion in which her name is raised the same considerations which 'coprophagy' brings to the discussion of cuisine.

There is ZERO common ground for agreement with such sentiments, and also zero room for compromise, on the actual purposes, proper structures, and orderly functioning of culture and society. No thanks. Not going there...

No comments:

Post a Comment